Welcome to the CMI - Delivering state of the art microscopy and imaging to NUIG's research community
The Centre for Microscopy and Imaging at NUIG (CMI) is a core facility dedicated to providing scientists with a variety of high-end light and electron microscopes along cutting-edge imaging software and analysis tools.
Our mission is to :
- Provide access to high-end acquisition and analysis workstations
- Provide expertise in microscopy, imaging and analysis specialising in biomaterials, cell and tissue phenotypes.
- Maintain instruments and workstations to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Maintain an institute-wide image database for better and safer archiving of all image or image-related documents.
- Link to other European and worldwide microscopy and imaging networks.