The CMI operates an online booking system. Bookings on all instruments can be made and checked remotely, this enables efficient planning of research time. Once you have been trained by the staff in the Imaging Centre you will be given access to the online booking system.
To access the online booking system go here.
Rules for booking time slots on CMI equipment is as follows:
- Training must be provided by CMI staff prior to using the instrument.
- Instruments can only be used when booked using the online booking system at: https://ppms.eu/nuigalway/start/
- Bookings are normally limited to up to 4 core hours (8am-6pm) per day, no more than 3 days per working week.
- Booking of longer sessions is allowed if a longer slot is free , one day in advance.
- There are no restrictions for booking outside core hours aside from on live cell systems. Exceptions to these rules may be arranged in consultation with CMI staff.
- Live cell systems; no more than 3 overnight bookings per week.
Bookings can be cancelled with a
minimum of one day’s notice.
Notice of a changes of bookings at closer intervals should be made to the CMI. If users do not show up without notification of cancellation of a booking, the booking will still be logged to that project and the user may be restricted future access to the microscope.
- Bookings where the instrument has failed/malfunctioned will be deleted so users are not charged.
- Any issues or technical problems must be reported immediately to a member of CMI staff.
- The instrument must be left in a clean and tidy state.
- If accompanied by colleagues who have not been trained, they must not operate or be left alone to use the instruments.
- If a user has not used an instrument for >6 months they must consult a CMI staff member to decide if a refresher training session is required.
- The instruments must not be modified or adapted in any way without the express permission and assistance from CMI staff.
You can download our booking policy here.